Beer is a great liquid to marinate meat with. By using a flavoured beer you are also adding extra flavour.
Spicy Orange Chicken and Rice
- 1 cup orange flavoured beer, ( you can use a sour or IPA with lots of citrus flavours)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- Combine the beer, stock, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes.
- In a resealable baggie add half of the sauce and the chicken. Reserve the remaining sauce. Let marinate 2-3 hours or overnight.
- In a fry pan over medium high heat add the oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the chicken, discarding the marinade.
- Cook the chicken until brown.
- Add the reserved liquid and cook until reduced by half.
- Stir together the cornstarch and water and add to the pan.
- Cook until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve over rice.