A splash of sweet fruity raspberry or strawberry beer elevates the filling of this pie making you want to go back for more.
- 2 pie shells, you can use store bought or your own favorite recipe. For my recipe click
- 2 1/2 cup rhubarb, chopped
- 2 1/2 cup mango, chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 cup fruit beer (raspberry or strawberry)
- 3 tbsp butter, cubed
- 1 egg white beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place one pie shell in the bottom of pie plate. Prick bottom with fork.
- In a large bowl combine the fruit, sugar, flour, vanilla and beer.
- Pour the fruit filling into bottom of the pie plate.
- Top the fruit with cubes of butter.
- Top with the second pie shell. You can either use the whole shell and cut slits into the top or cut the dough into strips and create a lattice topping.
- Brush the top with the egg white.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes until bubbling and brown.