You will never by canned refried beans again. Throw all the ingredients in a pan and let the magic happen.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup Mexican beer or lager
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot sauce, optional
- In a medium fry pan heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook stirring often until fragrant and onions begin to soften.
- Add the beans. Stir together.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cook the beans, mashing with your spoon or potato masher until beans are a texture your want.
- Cook 10-15 until liquid is absorbed.